Thursday, March 13, 2008

I know I said I would write about running a B&B and living in Tivoli, but I just have to say a few words about Spitzer. First of all, What was he thinking? My sister Maureen used to take the train into Boston everyday and one day the woman sitting next to her, turned to her and asked, "What do you think I should do - kill myself or go to work?" Maureen quickly responded, "Oh, I think you should go to work". Now if Spitzer had asked the cleaning woman or the elevator man, "What do you think I should do - buy my wife a valentine card or haul my horney ass to Washington to pay $5000 for a prostitute?" I'm sure either one w0uld have said, "Oh Governor, go buy your wife a valentine." And what's with his wife standing by his side, looking like the house just burned down, the dog got run over and their three daughters were on drugs, in jail and knocked up. Where is her spirit - her pride? When I worked in IBM, one of the women in my department was a pretty, feisty black woman named Janet. Janet told me about having her first son, how he was a big baby and she had such a time pushing him out. When he was born, she said, "That's not my baby - he's white" and the nurse explained to her that black babies are born white and then turn black. (Now this I never knew and I have never heard before or since.) Anyway, she was laying in her room, the baby in the bassinet next to her, turning black, when a woman came into the room and announced that she and Janet's husband were in love and that he was going to leave Janet and live with her. Janet pulled herself up in the bed, and said, pointing to the baby, "Well, you can take his big fat kid with you too, you can have them both." Of course, the woman didn't want the kid, and when she heard Janet didn't want her husband, he didn't sound so good either, so she left. Later, when her husband showed up, she reamed him out good, and some of the nurses joined in to tell him what an airhole he had been. Now that's the type of reaction I wanted from Mrs. Spitzer...if she had just turned to him and said "What were you thinking?" and jabbed him in that big stupid looking jaw, I think the whole country, no, the whole world, men and women alike, would say, "Way to go, girl". Well. I'm glad to get that off my chest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom, Michael and I totally agree! We also like the white to black thing..have to do some research on that! L

Anonymous said...

I've seen the white babies "turn" black, its true!! Maybe Michael Jackson had the reverse effect happen to him?

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh out loud Ma! Thanks! Ria