Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Slowly, slowly life is coming back to normal. But there are so many unexplainable happenings which of course we all attribute to Maria. Laura went to see a psychic who told her that Maria would come to me in flowers in strange places. First of all soon after her death I saw an early violet growing out of the gravel in the driveway. Then my Christmas cactus began to bloom again (it still has blooms). A heavy late frost killed all the wisteria buds on the Bird's Nest deck, but the wisteria that had climbed the nearby maples survived, and wisteria filled the trees. Now a clematis is blooming high in the apple tree, one plant with two completely different flowers. The day that Maria died, as we were all waiting in our cars in her driveway, a piliated woodpecker (the big bright red headed one - like Woody Woodpecker) casually flew from tree to tree right near the driveway. They are usually shy and not often seen. Then as Sabra drove us to Rachael's graduation, a piliated woodpecker landed next to the road, just as we drove by. Now, I have a piliated woodpecker smashing up an old stump in the back yard. Yesterday, I got within a few feet of him. He was throwing dirt and sawdust all over and I laughed out loud at his antics. Laura was also told that sometimes unusually large "critters" are seen after a death. Hers was a giant spider "big as a mouse, Ma" and when Sabra was at the grave a robin had a worm so large, that Sabra had to go and check to see what it was. Also, electronics have been affected, especially with Sabra...computers, her printer, her telephones and even her dining room light. My sister Maureen has a stuffed toy dog that says "I love you" and it began repeating the phrase (with no one turning it on) when I phoned her a few weeks back. She said it hasn't done it since. Today, I can't open my e-mail....and I just told Maria to go back to flowers for me - I want to read my mail.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom. Just after I saw the BIG SPIDER and told Maria not things too scary and almost immediately my computer turned itself off and on repeatidly until after about half an hour I had to pull the plug to stop it. That was almost a week ago and I just got it to start up today. Also on our way back from Edwards this past weekend I was driving down the thruway, Mitch asleep in the back and Michael asleep in the passenger seat and all of a sudden the windows all went down and the controls would not let me get them to go up again for several minutes. Scared the crap out of me, but I also loved it. Keep going Maria! Love you all, Laura

Anonymous said...

Yes, beyond a doubt, this has made a believer out of me. Just tonight as I was doing final packing for my trip, I was in my office finding pictures to take with me, and as I had my hand on a picture of Maria's cross at the cemetery, my printer (turned on this time, but not attached to my computer) began to print. I waited as it spit out a blank page. I suppose it would have been better had there been words on the paper. Come on, Ria, WORDS. WORDS.

Sabra

Anonymous said...

Hi, Linda, i ask Maria every day for signs that she is okay. The poor thing probably wants just a moment of peace from us!!! An angel pin suddenly appeared on my dresser that says Have Faith-it had been lost for months! We have had all kind of birds fly right by our bedroom windows and stay there for what seems like minutes looking right at us.Just this morning I saw "my" loon-he had not come back last summer-fly right over my head and he had a mate with him! Not only that,at the exact moment I looked up, they "squawked" at me and Maria's name popped in my head and I said it right out loud!!!. Thank you, Maria, I love you! Aunt Kathleen