Monday, June 6, 2011

Courage has come up several times lately - Kathy send Laura a courage pin from Maria, the cowardly lion, and Maureen sent her a cup from Maria that had one word on it - COURAGE. So, it came as no surprise when the priest yesterday quoted Robert F. Kennedy: "Moral courage is a rarer commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence. Yet it is the one essential, vital quality for those who seek to change a world which yields most painfully to change."

Courage - I have been interested in that word since I read Anne Morrow Lindberg. She questioned what courage was....was the person afraid to face the world that managed to get out of bed and face his fear any less brave than the soldier on the battlefield? Good question. She was also quoted as : "It takes as much courage to have tried and failed, as it does to have tried and succeeded."

Lots to think about - COURAGE...you can almost see the Wizard of Oz lion when you say the word. Courage ---Anne also said, "Don't wish me happiness...Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor. I will need them all." So my wish to you today is COURAGE.

2 comments:

Tivoli Bird's Nest said...

I love the end of the first Harry Potter book where Dumbledore announces "There are all kinds of courage. It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. I therefore ward ten points to Mr. Neville Longbottom." And that gives Gtyffindor the win...It made me cry and it still does.

Anonymous said...

Linda, beautiful, beautiful blog. I use to think of courage as something only heroes possess but I realize now that courage is something we demonstrate everyday when we put one foot in front of another during difficult times and face each day with faith and grace. Love, K