Saturday, August 4, 2012

Well, I finally did it - I bought a new car.  It's a bright red Honda Fit and it is gorgeous.  I kept my old black Sentra, and I drive both of them.  Right now the red car is in the garage because the birds that I so faithfully feed are pooping on it.  Anyway, the two cars made me think of an old friend.

When I worked at Clermont, there was a night watchman Charlie that wore a toupee.  He had a great sense of humor and would make me laugh when he came into work at 4:00.  I left at 5:00, and this was usually a very slow time, so we hung out together in the office.  Charlie had me laughing one day when he said he sometimes takes off his toupee and looks out the third floor window.  The visitors below see the "old, worn out watchman".  Then he says, he puts it back on and they see the "young, handsome, strong watchman."
That's how I feel in these two cars.  The black car, I am hunched over the wheel, and old lady of almost 70 driving slow, watching out for any road dangers.  Then, in the red car, I am a young girl, driving a fancy car, not a care in the world. 

So my new car has transformed me.  If only I could get my knees into this picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linda, so glad you have a beautiful new car! Enjoy it! Love, K