Friday, April 26, 2013

Well, we got a new computer this week.  The last one I bought was in 2004 and I can't believe how much they have changed.  When Sabra hooked it up (or tried to hook it up), we got error messages and it was about 3 hours later after talking to India to a technician that wouldn't give up, he gave up and sent us something (this little penlike object) that had to be installed so that it would work.  Another 3-4 hours on the phone again across the waters with both Microsoft and Dell (Sabra said he told her it was summer there and she looked it up and it IS summer there now), and we got onto the internet.  Now the printer is no good, not compatible with this version of Microsoft, so I have to go deeper into my pockets for a new computer.

Makes me think of that Marx brother movie about the horse race.  Chico is selling aids to the horse race and everytime Groucho would get one, he would need another one to use with it.  But that is life today.  Nothing lasts long, like it used to.  Refrigerators, ovens, etc, all have a life expectancy of four to five years.  Not like the refrigerator my grandmother bought me for a wedding gift.  I was long divorced (25 years) and it was still going.  Well let's see if I can post this.   Another test. 

1 comment:

Michael/Laura said...

Looks like your up and working. Printers are real trash, I think we have about 5 of them in the storage room. Michael hates to toss them.