Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The last day of 2013, where does the time go?  As usual I want to wrap up the year relating some of my best memories.  (1)  Going to Henry's 1st grade class and talking about my "thread art". The kids were so cute, and so interested and I was thrilled that Henry picked me to be the spokesperson on his birthday week.  (2) The cicadas - from the first hint of them, the clay formations under the deck, until the exciting day they first started to appear on my neighbor's tree, I was hooked.  Sabra took a million pictures and made me a book for Christmas of them and of the tattoos that she and Laura got of the cute noisy bug now gone for a 17 year nap.  (3) Going to Niagara Falls with Paul and his family.  Being in the car with them for hours.  Zach lost his technical gadgets for bad behavior and he and I resorted to passing notes back and forth between the seats.  "Texting the old fashion way", he called it.  (4)  Cape Cod again, one of my favorite times.  This year a new cottage, small but cute and the owner Ron gave me a significant refund for not having a hot water heater for two days.  Getting money back while on a vacation is a rarity.  Maureen also taught me my new favorite bad word, a word she learned from a three year old.  (5)  Street painting with Laura, Sabra and family, Atticus and Regina, and Regina's painting on the front page of the local news.  Joel G, while making the usual announcements, made a point of saying that I was to be thanked for starting the festival....a nice recognition that made me feel good.  (6) Watching the Crazy Family Part II that Sabra made for all of us at Christmas.  Rachael as a baby, and then a little tipsy talking about Ariel, the Little Mermaid  in Cape Cod.  Glimpses of Maria and hearing her voice, all the family, wonderful.  (7) I'll just say FAMILY...they can drive you nuts, but where would you be without them?  Happy and Healthy New Year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy and Healthy 2014 to you and your entire family...