Sunday, June 10, 2012

Well Clay Hill Road is looking like the Nature Channel, with turkeys running all around both sides of the road.  The old Tom Turkey is still alive, I thought he was shot when I didn't see him for a while.  But a few days ago he showed up again, with three or four ladies.  He looks different though.  His tail feathers, that were once pristine, now hang in awkward positions.  His strut is slower and I think he's tired out.  There is a hen turkey that came with three babies, now only two, but they are cute.  She clucks to them, and they follow her all around, and even peck at the cracked corn.

This morning, I was having my coffee when I saw another tom turkey in the front yard.  He came right up to the picture window, and looked (I thought at me) but he was watching his reflection.  Thinking it was a competitor, he suddenly jumped up and attacked the window.  "That's it", I yelled, stupid turkey, knocking on the window to scare him away.  I guess they really don't have much brains.

We also have red squirrels - nasty little fighters that can fend off the gray squirrels that are more than twice their size.  And this year, we have an albino red squirrel.  He's white.  Like a ghost. 

I really have to get some pictures so people believe me.  I white red squirrel - who would have thought.

No comments: