Sunday, December 30, 2012

Almost the end of the year, where did this one go so fast?  Anyway, I like to look back on the year for the events that made me happiest.  I will start with Solomon playing "When the Saints Go Marching In" at  Ria's grave on St. Patrick's Day.  Those blasts could have awakened the dead.  Then I will go to Henry's Kindergarten graduation.  I've been to lots of these, starting with Jer 20 some years ago, but they always put a lump in my throat.  All those innocent kids.  Then we will jump to July in Wellfleet..lots of happiness there.  The fourth of July parade to start with, waiting on Main Street for the start, seeing Caleb the pirate and the boat dragging the dead fish.  Dead fish, why?  Then the family reunion at Wellfleet.  Meeting Orson, the latest addition to our family, Jer and Tim in a picture together (only a few months separates their ages - but miles separate their appearance!).  Then we will jump to August in Alexandria and the pirate festival.  Great fun, grrrr.  Let's go to October for the street painting in Tivoli and the Oysterfest in Wellfleet, where again the crowds, the music, the people watching and giving Caleb a hug, all make for happy memories of those festivals gone by.  Next, and maybe the best, was the election of Obama.  I had feared the worse, and when I woke to the news of his election, I was in heaven.  I will end with the MRI.  Strange you may think that a scarey 30 minutes in a tube with loud noises coming at you, would make my list.  But I really believe "that what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger".  So there you go, 2012 in a nutshell.  Oh, yeah, I did laugh on Christmas morning when I unwrapped Regina's present to me - a Nutcase.  That's what I am always calling my family - nutcases.  So nutcasadina to all and to all a good night.  Please add any of your comments as to your best moments of the year.  I would love to read them.

No comments: